Video

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Creativity calling!
This is what happens to my work space when I'm creating!  What a mess!
Today has been a day for creating.  I am so excited!  I have the opportunity to teach a class of 16 ladies for the Boeing Employees Rubber Stamp Artist Group here in my workshop.   I think I have every block, tool and accessory out on my table.   I am a bit intimidated to teach this group since this club has been around for more that 20 years, even before the old D.O.T.S. days.  I have wanted to tap into this group for years.  Many of the original members are coming and I feel the need to impress them.   I will be teaching 5 projects - 4 cards and a box.  My thought process is to be sure to use the Stamp of the Month and feature 1 Paper Packet.  Since it is February I have chosen Sweetheart.  I love the pink and black color combination.
Here is the box and 1 of the cards with the SOTM - I stamped the words in
Tulip first, then embossed the Damask design with clearand sponged over the
 top in a circular motion to reveal the design then added red sparkles.  Simple!
What I have rediscovered since returning from Team Builders is my passion and excitement for my CTMH business.  I have noticed that my excitement is reflected back to me in my business.  This past week, I have sold my first Studio J 1 year membership (the customer has already purchased 5 layouts), booked the Boeing group, have a recruiting prospect and held an awesome team meeting.  This is more than I accomplished all of December!
If your business is lacking, check your own enthusiasm.....are you excited to create and share CTMH with others?

Oregon Team Meeting:
Last Saturday was our 1st quarter 2011 meeting.  It was the best attended meeting in a long time with 26 members.  We welcomed our first CTMH brother, Bob Teske to the group!   One of the goals for the LeaderShare pilot program is to help increase interest and attendance at team meetings and it seems it has worked!  We may outgrow the meeting space. 

For the business portion, we reviewed the proposed changes to the compensation plan.  The biggest change that takes affect April 1st is that JC's need to submit at least $100 in sales each quarter to stay in CTMH.   Please take time to listen to the presentation on the CTMH website as well as all of the Marquee Messages for the latest news!

For the Create and Take segment, Kathy Smelcer taught a wonderful and unique Triangle Box that can easily showcase many of our stamp designs and embellishments.  Chris Green followed with a My Creations 6x6 Memory Showcase featuring Sophia Level 1 kit, Level 2 My Stickease and Clear buttons.  If you'd like the directions, please email me and I'd be happy to send it them you.
 
The lower left card by Debbie Poland was the 1st Place
The top right is one of my class cards - it's an envelope card
that holds a "neverending"card.




We had a great art contest and swap.  Here are photos including the winning cards:  
Top right card by Sharlee Stokes was the 2nd place entry

 
  
Quote of the week:
  "Try a thing you haven't done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time, to figure out whether you like it or not."
Virgil Garnett Thomson


1 comment:

  1. Great job on the blog, and your card! It's darling, and bringing back a technique I haven't used in years! I just might have to give it a go! Thanks for the great meeting, and wonderful prizes too!

    ReplyDelete

Facebook