Video

Thursday, May 23, 2013

One of the great perks of leadership is getting a hand stamped birthday card from CTMH.  Last week, I received this gorgeous card from CTMH!



One of the tasks I had on my "to do" list this week, was to mock up my samples for my June card classes so I can get them photographed and put on my June CTMH customer newsletter.  Yesterday was the day I set aside to stamp.....well, I don't know about you, but sometimes my creativity just can't be forced and I ended up with a bad case of stampers block.  I finally resorted to outright stamp lifting, tweaking and otherwise putting my own spin on the creativity of others.  At the end of a long evening I ended up with this huge mess that I have yet to clean up.  Look carefully and you can see that small piece of colored cardstock - that was my stamping area!  What you can't see is the mess on the floor too.  It can be a real challenge to come up with projects that are teachable in a group setting.  Can't be too time consuming, I have to have paper and accessories in  bulk, can use a stamp in just one color and for one project etc etc.  Below are a couple of the cards I'm teaching. By the way, I did finish all my samples that night.

This card came from Jeannette's blog.  The original artwork was created by Leanne Garner
I added Glitz Glitter to the wings of the bees and used  C1549 Buzz and Bumble Scrapbooking workshop and C1459  Stitched Together for the "fly lines" curving them when I put them on the blocks.  I also cut the card  base to 4 x 51/2 so can get 6 of the B&T pieces from 1 sheet and omitted the stitching.

This card is my tweak of a card by Jean Johnson using the June Stamp of the Month and a bit of For Always B&T.  I used Topiary cardstock for the leaves and stamped with Olive. I also cut the large flowers from white and black - stamped the black one with White Daisy Ink and added LOTS of bling. I also added  Topiary tendrils which come from C1508 Paisley Flair
  When I teach this card, I will pre stamp the white flower with black Stazon Ink so they can color it with the alcohol markers.  This way I don't need 2 stamp sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook