Video

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spring Fever

Update:  Sharing Works!  A Success Story:
Tuesday afternoon, I posted about sharing the April Recruiting Special - Discover the Art of Business.  That evening at 11:30 pm I sent an email out to my 1st Downline with an incentive for promotions. 

Wednesday at 5:35 pm I received an email from Susan Hopkins a Consultant from South Dakota:

"I sent out e-mails and a Facebook post to many people on the April promotion to join CTMH. I just did that this morning, and it looks like I have 2 ready to sign up and a 3rd strong possibility. Cool!" 

At 6:00 pm Susan sent me another email:
 
"I just got off the phone with prospect #1 and she is all signed up. I expect to sign up #2 either tomorrow or Friday. I don’t believe either one of these gals are “kit grabbers”…I think they will stay in as at least hobbyist consultants. I’ve been wanting to build a team and I’m so excited that the company is helping to make that happen. Thanks so much for your e-mail earlier today. I’ll keep you posted!"

Congratulations to Susan!  She is now a Supervisor!  You are VERY INSPIRING!   Keep on sharing and building your team!

This is the power of simply sharing this awesome opportunity and your passion for CTMH.  I'd LOVE to hear of your successes - leave a comment so we can celebrate with you :)
 
Business Bit: 
Today is "Siblings Day" so it was very fitting to spend the day hiking with my sister, Kathy.  As many of you know, I LOVE to hike and get out and enjoy nature.  Here in Washington we are famous for our rain and the beautiful green trees and mountains.  When the sun comes out, as the stamp set "Do Your Best" C1573 says "The mountains are calling and I must go."  Spring is a time that seems to derail my best laid plans.  There are so many distractions.  For me, some are business related, like planning for our convention team gathering, and others are of a personal nature, like hiking and gardening that are seasonal and weather dependent.  This article really "struck a cord" with me.  I hope you'll find a reminder that you can relate to.

Subject: Time…

It's spring and in most parts of the country that means - for those of us with children - baseball and soccer season are in full swing. It's time for ACT and SAT testing, college searches, end of the school year recognition ceremonies, plays, recitals, dances, senior celebrations, graduations, confirmations, etc, etc, etc; Even if you don't have children, there is the call of dirty windows, lawns that need a winter facelift, gardens that yearn for attention, closets screaming to be cleaned out, etc; etc; etc;

There is just something about spring that can be a major distraction from our businesses, wouldn't you agree? If only we had a 36 hour day instead of just 24 hours (some say sleep is overrated).

So, if spring has not completely side-tracked you and if (hopefully) you are reading this article, here are some reminders about how to get more out of each day this spring and anytime of the year.

Pockets of time are crucial. Take advantage of the early morning or late evening hours of the day to do a load of laundry, make lunches for the next day, do a quick house pickup, load hostess or recruit packets, or clear email. Often it is easier to be more productive with these things when the house is quiet…this email is being typed at 6am!

Enlist the help of your family. Kids can help too. There are lots of little jobs they can do - from 8 years old ours did their own laundry!

Let go of the perfectionism and resist starting too many “spring cleaning” jobs all at the same time. Make a to-do list and chip away at it in 15 minutes increments here and there.
Carry your “to read” file with you at all times so that you use those unexpected pockets of waiting time (Dr's offices, carwash, etc;)
Stamp catalogs and brochures while sitting at your children's ball games. It's a great use of time and you may spark some interest in your business.

Work out carpools for your children's activities - split the driving so you only have to do drop off -or- pickup.

DO NOT FORSAKE YOUR OFFICE HOURS! You may need to adjust office hours when factoring new activities - but remember adjust, don't omit!

Handle it once. Open mail over the garbage can, act on email as it comes in (vs. saving and thinking about it), and return phone calls promptly.

Keep a written to do list (vs. an `in your head' to do list) - it will cut down on your stress.

Keep phone calls efficient. Don't be afraid to say, “I'm dying to catch up, but for right now, I'm on the run and I just needed to go over a few quick things with you.”

Finally, with regards to volunteering, remember every time you say NO you are giving someone else the chance to step up and volunteer. You can't do everything!
 
Quote of the Week:
Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.
                                                                                                                            - Jim Rohn


Copyright 2014 by The Success Factory All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook